The Lesbian & Gay Community Center of Charlotte
The Lesbian and Gay Community Center provides space and opportunity to nurture, celebrate, and empower our diverse LGBT community through programs, events, and collaboration. The Center Values & Goals
- To provide a welcoming, fun, safe, and inclusive gathering place for meetings and events
- To enhance access to resources by serving as a central point of information and referrals to local organizations
- To initiate and cooperate on programs serving the LGBT population
- To host social events and promote a sense of community
- To present opportunities for learning, topical dialogues, and forums for discussion
- To promote a more efficient use of nonprofit funds through affordable meeting space, pooled office costs, and project collaboration.
- To reduce isolation among marginalized and under-served groups within the community
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the LGBT community
- To inspire a sense of pride, wellness, and responsibility among individuals in the LGBT community span>
- To channel advocacy of fairness and equality for the LGBT community
- To strengthen community development by fostering interaction among organizations and individuals
- To incubate start-up groups to address unmet needs in the LGBT community
Update this organization
If you have an organization profile, please log in for quicker processing.